- The Business license is required by law in terms of the Businesses Act (Act 71 of 1991)
- This Act has 3 schedules which define what businesses are required to have business license.
- Foodstuffs formal and informal business premises
- Place of Entertainment and Place of Health business premises
- The business license will only be issued when 4 departments of council have been consulted and in order reports have been received.
- Business License can be issued in an entity, sole proprietor, partnership, trust and is not transferable when ownership changes, Business License become null and void.
- If any changes occur in regard to management or particulars the council must be informed within 21 working days.
- Consult with client and determine workload and explain Modus Operandi and Terms and Conditions
- Collating and obtaining all relevant and supporting documents and plan from client.
- Issuing of invoice for payment
- Completing of applicable application forms.
- Making 3 copies of all documents and forms (Original for council, 1 for client and one for OLC files)
- Payments of license fees at council pay point and lodging application at applicable department.
- Deliver proof of application and paid submission fees to client.
- Arrange for onsite inspections and follow up on pending application or plan until completion and finalized.
- Collect, make copies of Business license, and deliver original to client.
- OLC Appointment docs
- Zoning and Locality map (OLC responsibility)
- Copy of company papers
- Copy of Id’s
- Copy of SARS tax certificate
- Copy of Proof of residence of members
- Copy of Menu and or Product list
- Copy of lease
- Copy of liquor License
Time Frame of Onelicensing.Com
- Collecting payment, information, and documents 2 days
- Preparation of documents 2 day
- Submitting of applications ASAP from date of payment.
- Returning proof of applications to client 1 day
Estimated Time Frame of Local Authority/Council
- Submit applications, Documents and Copy of Plans to council department – 1 day
- Capture on Council System and drafts reports to other departments – 7 days
- Conduct inspection on site and await reports from other departments 15 days
- Issue of Business License – 5 days
Terms and Conditions
- All fees exclude council fees and work will only commence when all documents received, and fees are paid in full and once off.
- Work will be conducted, and applications will be submitted within 15 working days and council inspections on site should be within 3-4 weeks.
- Fees and cost paid are not refundable.
- Follow –ups will be done after application and until completion of task.
- One licensing.com will not be held responsible for the tardiness or slow action of council departments or officials, but Endeavour to keep follow ups until task is completed.
On request and also excludes travel cost