Fire safety Inspection and Certificate
- The Fire safety Certificate of Compliance is issued in terms of SANS 10400 Part T of 2011
- The Fire Safety Inspection and Certificate is compulsory when an application is lodged for a business license, COA, health permits and liquor license application.
- The Fire Safety Inspection fee covers only 2 inspections and additional inspections will have to pay again.
- The Fire Safety Inspection will only be conducted if an approved Fire Plan is available.
- The certificate will be issued on complying to proof of an approved Fire plan and complying in all fire safety regulations and local council promulgated fire safety by-laws
- Consult with client and determine workload and explain Modus Operandi and Terms and Conditions.
- Conduct onsite pre-inspection assessment in order to pass council inspection
- Collating and obtaining all relevant and supporting documents and plan from client.
- Issuing of invoice for payment
- Obtaining Fire plan approval at Fire Safety department.
- Completing of applicable application forms and obtaining approval stamp from Fire Safety department.
- Making 3 copies of all documents and forms (Original for council, 1 for client and one for OLC files)
- Payments of license fees at council pay point and lodging application at applicable department.
- Deliver proof of application and paid submission fees to client.
- Arrange for onsite inspections and follow up on pending application or plan until completion and finalized.
- Collect, make copies of Certificate of Acceptability, and deliver original to client.
- OLC Appointment docs
- Zoning and Locality map (OLC responsibility)
- Copy of company papers
- Copy of Id’s
- Copy of Menu
- Copy of approved fire safety plan which includes fire equipment, exits, signage and seating plan.
- Copy of Extractor canopy and Fan installation certificate
- Copy of approved Gas plan and payment for Flammable gas permit
- Copy of Fire Safety equipment installation certificate
- Copy of Fire safety equipment recent service
Time Frame of Onelicensing.Com
- Collecting payment, information, and documents 2 days
- Preparation of documents 2 day
- Obtaining approval stamp from Fire Safety department 2 days
- Submitting of applications ASAP from date of payment.
- Returning proof of applications to client 1 day
Estimated Time Frame of Local Authority/Council
- Submit applications, Documents and Copy of Plans to council department – 1 day
- Capture on Council System 2 days
- Conduct inspection on site 7 to 14 days
- Issue of Certificate of Compliance 5 days
- Obtaining fire safety approval stamp on plan 1 week (where applicable)
Terms and Conditions
- All fees exclude council fees and work will only commence when all documents received, and fees are paid in full and once off.
- Work will be conducted, and applications will be submitted within ASAP and council inspections on site should be within 4 weeks.
- Fees and cost paid are not refundable.
- Follow –ups will be done after application and until completion of task.
- One licensing.com will not be held responsible for the tardiness or slow action of council departments or officials, but Endeavour to keep follow ups until task is completed.
On request and excludes Zoning Information Fees, Council Inspection Fees and Fire Plan approval Fees.